Environmental and Sustainability Policy
1. Aims and Objectives
Based on legal requirements, which are listed as part of section 9 of the company Quality Manual, WATSON CONTRACT CLEANING SERVICES is committed to maintaining and improving the economic and social wellbeing of all its staff. It is also committed to contributing towards a sustainable safe and high quality environment in the areas where project sites are based.
This commitment is firmly grounded in WATSON CONTRACT CLEANING SERVICES ’s environmental policy statement that sets out the aims and objectives for improving the environment.
The policy’s overall aims are to:
- Pursue and encourage environmental sustainability
- Meet our legal obligations
- Work in partnership with relevant suppliers and parts of the community to promote environmental sustainability.
- To do this WATSON CONTRACT CLEANING SERVICES will focus on reviewing and improving the following areas or activities:
2. WATSON CONTRACT CLEANING SERVICES Contribution
Reduce its own emissions of air pollution.
Reduce the consumption on non-renewable resources and encourage their replacement with renewable resources.
Reduce the amount of water used and encourage water economy at all our project sites.
Use safe and economic services for recycling, refuse collection, cleansing and waste disposal. Promote waste minimisation at all WATSON CONTRACT CLEANING SERVICES sites including re-use, repair and recycling.
In conjunction with the Landlords to maximise energy efficiency in the design, maintenance and operation of WATSON CONTRACT CLEANING SERVICES sites.
3. Environmental Impact
WATSON CONTRACT CLEANING SERVICES will take all reasonable opportunities to improve environmental impacts:
- Only buy supplies when necessary and minimise the amount of materials i.e. stationery, office equipment, furniture consumed.
- Buy products that are made from recycled material and/or are recyclable, and have minimal packaging. Furthermore, specify that the supplier of the product should operate or subscribe to a take-back scheme for packaging and equipment which can be re-used or recycled.
- Select the more environmentally-friendly option for cleaning, pest control and garden use.
- Buy energy efficient appliances and equipment.
4. Value for Money Considerations
Ensuring ‘value for money’ involves considering ‘life cycle’ financial costs i.e. with respect to energy savings, durability, reduced maintenance, and waste reduction, and therefore reducing environmental risks.
By making a commitment to this policy, WATSON CONTRACT CLEANING SERVICES will help to conserve energy and resources, and reduce waste and pollution.
- Energy consumptions savings
- Waste disposal savings
- Savings from reduced resource consumption
- Reduced risk and administration costs through easier compliance with environmental legislation
5. Policy Framework
To improve the policy and its implementation, WATSON CONTRACT CLEANING SERVICES will:
- Inform all relevant suppliers of goods and services of this policy and WATSON CONTRACT CLEANING SERVICES environmental commitment.
- Seek information from relevant suppliers about the environmental effects of products and services that they supply.
- Put in place systems to ensure that the policy is effectively implemented by all staff.
- Review this policy every year or as and when necessary.
6. How will it be achieved:
Include environmental considerations in policy development, strategies and business plan at all levels of the organisation. Promote knowledge and understanding of the global and local environment and our impact on it by:
- training and raising awareness of WATSON CONTRACT CLEANING SERVICES staff
- use purchasing power to promote environmental sustainability.